California Healthy Soils Incentives Program 2017
CDFA appropriated $7.5 million in FY 2016-17 to develop and administer a new incentive and demonstration program on the CA Healthy Soils Initiative from the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund. The objective of this new Healthy Soils Program is to build soil carbon and reduce agricultural greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Public and stakeholder input for the development of program framework will take place through public meetings of the Environmental Farming Act — Science Advisory Panel.
The most recent meeting of the Environmental Farming Act Science Advisory Panel took place on May 18th, 2017 in Sacramento, CA.
Information on the Healthy Soils Program presented previously to the Science Panel is available here:
Tentative Timeline for the 2016-2017 Healthy Soils Incentives Program
- Public/stakeholder meetings and program development (including GHG Quantification Methodology) - November 2016 – May 2017
- Request for Grant Applications released for public comments and public comment period - July 2017
- Draft Request for Grant Applications released - July 2017
- Grant Application Workshops - July – August 2017
- Applications/Grant Proposals due - August 2017
- Proposal evaluation periods - August – October 2017
- Grant awardees announced - October 2017
- Project implementation begins - November 2017
*Subject to change
For more information go to this website: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/oefi/healthysoils/
Judith Redmond, Full Belly Farm, is on the science advisory panel for the environmental farming act.